The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, July 4, 2022

November 19 - 22, 1982

 

Friday, November 19, 1982 began selling milk

 

Another nice day. I done up regular work. Made a pudding for supper. Susan called for a little while. Mr. McDade came for milk this morning. Kim worked tonight.

 

 

 

Saturday, November 20, 1982 Esther 70 years

 

A cloudy day. I done up the work, vacuumed, dusted, changed beds, made rolls, bread and apple pie. Took a bath. Zak up today. Kim and Betty gone to Norway to Christmas shop. Billie down to Fern’s and to town.

 

 

 

Sunday, November 21, 1982

 

A very dark dreary day. I done up the work. Betty, Walt, David and Dorothea called. Billie out in PM down to Fern’s and around. Kim didn’t work. Zak over to his friend Carl ter Wheeler’s and he called here in PM. Zak got a good rank card. Kim did okay.

 

 

 

 

Monday, November 22, 1982 KIM TO SEE DR. MATTHEW, CARMEN HOME

 

I’ve been busy today. I washed, ironed, washed windows all over. I did a dite of cooking etc. etc. Betty and Kim to Portland to Dr. Mathews for an appointment. She is to continue wearing the elastic hose and keep the feet up etc. I hope they can take care of the swelling without operating. It’s too bad she has these problems. Carmen came home tonight, didn’t expected her till tomorrow. She and Becky came on the bus and Becky’s folks met them at the bus station.

No comments:

Post a Comment