The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Febuary 24 - 27, 1983

 

Thursday, February 24, 1983

 

A beautiful day. I done up the work. Cleaned up the house. Kim and Betty did the shopping. I didn’t have to go out. Billie and Kim up to North Conway shopping in PM.

 

 

 

Friday, February 25, 1983

 

I made a pie and a cinnamon roll. I done up the regular work. Oven don’t work. Bill fixed it. He fixed the pipes in the apartment at Betty’s. Walt gone all day down to is Aunt Viola’s in Rhode Island. Dorothea worked on her new job tonight.

 

 

 

Saturday, February 26, 1983 on the cold windy side

 

A very nice sunny day. I cleaned up the house, changed the beds, made bread and rolls. First time for a long time. Kim up in forenoon. David and Dorothea called. I been busy all day. Kind of a cold windy day. Dorothea didn’t have to work tonight.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 27, 1983

 

Cloudy but not so cold. A dreary day. I did all the reading, got that all caught up. Zak up for a little while. Joy came from milk, not much going on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment