The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, July 2, 2022

November 11 - 14, 1982

Thursday, November 11, 1982 Sunny when we got up, COLD, 20 this morning

 

Another spacecraft was launched today. A holiday, no stores open. No school today or tomorrow. I done up the work. Zak up for breakfast. Kim over to Norway for driving test. Then Kim came up and called. She went to work. Billie and Zak hauled the manure off. Dave called.

 

 

 

Friday, November 12, 1982

 

Some sun in forenoon then in PM it began to cloud up. I made two pies, washed all the windows. Kim came up for breakfast. Billie busy all day. Bill went back to bed and stayed till most noon. Zak up tonight and stayed all night. Kim worked tonight.

 

 

 

Saturday, November 13, 1982

 

Well a rainy day. I done regular work and baked some rolls and the beans were good. Zak watched TV all morning and until he went home in p.m. Bill not very sociable. I done some reading after I got my bath taken. Kim worked tonight.

 

 

 

Sunday, November 14, 1982

 

A very nice sunny day. I done up the regular work, done some reading in the book called “The Ridge”. Fern came up for afternoon and for supper. Stayed until in the evening. Bill didn’t feel very good. Kim worked today. Zak had a couple friends up for a little while. Carl ter Wheeler and (blank).

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment