The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, July 23, 2022

January 27 - 30, 1983

 

Thursday, January 27, 1983 Cloudy in a.m.

 

It cleared off and a very nice day. I done up my work, got ready, watched the TV shows then to town. Betty, Delores and me. Billie took his walk. Bill ate all time I was gone. He is much better than he has been for a long time.

 

Cody

 

 

Friday, January 28, 1983

 

Well I done up the regular work. I did a washing. I prepared supper according to Zak’s liking. He is staying all night. Kim is working or babysitting all night for Mrs. Cote at North Bridgton. Billie took his walk this morning. Bill feeling very good now.

 

 

 

Saturday, January 29, 1983 Del Chadbourne died

 

A nice day. I got up at 5:45 because Zak was here sleeping. I got the breakfast to going, done up the work, made a couple pies and rolls. Zak watched TV in forenoon. In PM Betty came and got Zak and they went around looking for pants for Zak. In evening Verna called and was here for about three hours. Dorothea and David called.

 

 

 

Sunday, January 30, 1983

 

On the cloudy side. I didn’t get up until 8 AM. I got breakfast, done up the work and worked at the desk.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment