The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Friday, December 9, 2022

June 19 - 22, 1984

Tuesday, June 19, 1984

 

When we got up it was cloudy, rainy and foggy. It cleared and became very hot and humid. I did a dite of washing, made chocolate chip cookies. Bill to the Dr., he is doing quite well right now. Billie had Scott Howe helping him all day. Betty over to Sun Rock camp working all day. Zak and Billie to Norway this a.m. then Zak home all day alone. Dorothea called this a.m. Sent house insurance. Tonight Kim called home from camp. She was with Joleen Bell. She thinks she will like it.

 

 

 

Wednesday, June 20, 1984

 

Awful windy. On the cool side. I cleaned up the house, swept etc. I did some washing. Billie and Zak worked on the mowing machine getting it together. Esther will come next Wednesday.

 

 

 

Thursday, June 21, 1984

 

Cloudy and some wind today. I been doing odd jobs today. Watched TV shows. Bill over to camp (Sun Rock) this PM with Zak and Betty. Betty to town and done my shopping. Billie and Bill mowed lawns this a.m. and Billie and Zak worked on the mowing machine blades this forenoon. Steve Morgan brought the pump back.

 

 

 

Friday, June 22, 1984

 

A very nice sunny day, on the mild side. I got my washing started here. Betty came and I went with her to Lewiston, Auburn, Norway. Bought some new chairs for her roundtable outside. Dorothea, Iva and Betty called in evening to discuss Fern situation. We went down there. Kim came home tonight for a little while. Then Barry came, got her and she went down to his house, they played movies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment