The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, January 21, 2023

November 19 - 21, 1984

Monday, November 19, 1984 very cold 23°

 

Well, I got my regular work done and made a cake, pie. Defrosted refrigerator. I did a lot of other jobs. Carmen is better. Betty’s cold is better too. Billie to his Dr. over to Fryeburg for his feet.

 

 

 

Tuesday, November 20, 1984 20°

 

On the quite cold and windy side today. I got up early. Got my work done up then we took off for Mountain Valley Mall, New Hampshire to shop. We got some done. I got mine nearly all done. Didn’t get home until almost 6 PM. I brought home chicken breasts for supper. Dorothea, Betty, Kim and me.

 

 

 

Wednesday, November 21, 1984

 

Another nice day. I been busy all day. I made my bread, got my meat and vegetables ready. David here. Betty, Dorothea and Kim here. I made filling for my date filled pie. Kim to town to do some shopping for me. Fern is expecting a lady today to interview for a job. David gone down to see Mike Ryan about working for him.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment