The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

March 26 - 29, 1984

 

Monday, March 26, 1984

 

On the cool side. Zak is feeling better after taking his medication. Betty and I over to Norway. She had to take something over. I did washing, ironed, got a lot done on the puzzle. Dorothea worked at Sid’s a little while. Also down to Fern’s a while. She is trying to get her living room done. It is so hard for her. She is tired, caring for Delores too. Bill is okay now.

 

 

 

Tuesday, March 27, 1984

 

A very nice day, on the cool side. Zak up today and to supper. He is better. We worked on the puzzle and he and Billie out, went to town etc. Betty called, she and Kim went to see Dawn at the hospital. Dawn was fair. Betty took some gifts. She was pleased and appreciated them. Fern has a cold.

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 28, 1984 David 42, Zak back to school, Shavings

 

A very nice day. I got my work done up and worked on the puzzle. In PM Betty and Dorothea called and Kim after school. Zak came up and helped Billie unload the shavings. I went out to see the cows. They look very nice and the barn is very neat from one end to the other. Bill took a walk this morning. I called at Fern and Esther’s today. Alan took me down. Fern can’t walk now. Her knee has given out again. She is going to have an operation.

 

 

 

Thursday, March 29, 1984

 

This is a mild day as they say heavy wind and snow. I done regular work, worked on puzzle. Betty and Billie did my shopping. Fern to bed today. She isn’t very good. Dr. came and gave her some medication. She has a bad case of bronchitis. This hasn’t been a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment