The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, November 6, 2022

February 22 - 25, 1984

Wednesday, February 22, 1984

 

A quite nice day. I did up the work. Did puzzle, watched shows. Bill and I down to see Zak this morning. He looks quite good. Joy came over for milk. Carmen called and Alan. Kim up today. Betty worked in the barn today.

 

 

 

Thursday, February 23, 1984

 

A very nice day. I did regular work. I prepared things for supper. Shake ‘n baked barbecue chicken, made a chocolate whipped cream pie. We had that, nice frozen peas, hot rolls for supper. It was very good. We had Kim up, she enjoyed it all very much. Tomorrow she is going to the orthodontist, a friend is going with her. After her appointment they will walk over to the Mall til Walt picks them up she said. Bill to the Dr. for checkup. He has got to go back tomorrow for blood. I worked on puzzle. Kim helped after she came up.

 

 

 

Friday, February 24, 1984

 

Well, such a poor day for Kim to go to Portland. She went with Walt. I hope she didn’t catch more cold. She came home at noon with Walt because he had an appointment upstate at one, Buckfield I guess. Bill to the hospital this morning, will be staying overnight. Zak up for the PM supper and all night. He is better. Dorothea came down tonight, watched the programs with Zak and I. Then she wrote Billie’s letters for him. Late when she went home. Kim up tonight all night with Tara (at camp). I hope she don’t get sick.

 

 

 

Saturday, February 25, 1984

 

A quite nice day. Zak watched TV programs. Dorothea called. Bill got home from hospital at about 11:30 AM. I did not make bread or rolls today. I washed windows, floors, swept, dusted etc. Walt went up to get Kim about 10:30 AM. He and Betty out in a.m. and in PM Carmen called.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment