The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, November 13, 2022

March 19 - 21, 1984 Birthday Party for Billie

Monday, March 19, 1984 no school

 

Another miserable day, rained so hard all day. No school in many places. SAD 61 among some. I did my wash and all the ironing. Betty called a little while. The insurance man called today to check my policy. A nice guy. He reminds me so much of my grandson Jeff. Bill to the Dr. for his checkup today. I cooked a turkey, made a chocolate pudding. Kim moved into new apartment today. Zak worked in his bedroom. Billie out in PM.

 

 

 

Tuesday, March 20, 1984 Kim

 

The weather is awful. All rain. I did a wash today. Cleaned up the house. Went to town. This morning Kim left with her friends to go to the college in Rhode Island where she might go. They will be gone overnight.

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 21, 1984 Kim came home about 9:30 PM

 

This is been another miserable day, rain for a while. It didn’t rain but it sure didn’t clear all the way. No afternoon soaps, shows. Esther was here all day and for supper. We had a roast beef supper. She enjoyed very much. She seemed pleased to be here. So tonight we had Billie’s birthday because Dorothea can’t come tomorrow the 22nd. Betty, Walt, Dorothea, Esther, Zak, Carmen and Alan. He got some nice gifts and money. Kim came at about 9:30. She had a very good time and a good experience for her. Esther brought a good cake for Billie’s birthday, it was delicious. I made a chiffon cake.

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment