The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, November 14, 2022

March 22 - 25, 1984

 

Thursday, March 22, 1984 Billie 53 years

 

This morning it was raining when we got up then for a very brief while it was blue sky and a nice clear sun. That looks so good. I done up my work, got ready and went to town. Esther went with us. I done up my regular work and some odds and end jobs. I worked on puzzle, a new one. Watched my programs.

 

 

 

Friday, March 23, 1984

 

At last a nice sunny day. I was busy all day. I washed windows, swept, made a turkey pie for Betty so Zak could have some, he likes it so much. I made a apple pie for us, one for David, a big cinnamon roll for Carmen. She and Alan called this morning.

 

 

 

Saturday, March 24, 1984 Fern home from hospital, cooler and windy

 

A very nice day. I got up early and got my work all done. Made rolls, washed floors, swept, dusted Than got ready, went down to Fern’s with Betty, to be there when she came home. She was so pleased to get back. Esther, Susan and kids to New Hampshire to shop today. Kim came up today. I didn’t get a chance to see her.

 

 

 

Sunday, March 25, 1984 on the cool side, Zak to the hospital, came home

 

A very nice day except on the coolish side. Zak to the hospital, he has another kidney infection. The Dr. gave him some pills. I hope he gets better so not to have to go to the hospital again. His temperature has been up to 103 ½°. Kim is living in her new apartment. Fern is getting quite shook up, afraid she will fall again. Her leg is sore and hurts. Betty had to go down tonight to help her get to the bedroom. Esther can’t do it very well. I don’t know how it will be.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment