The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

June 25 - 28, 1983

Saturday, June 25, 1983

 

A nice day except for on the coolish side. I done regular work. Hortons called, some had breakfast. I made bread, rolls, washed floors. Bill up to camp with Betty and Walt in evening. Walt called, Dorothea was here. BILLIE DEMING left today. He made a nice long visit all around. A call from Milan and Betty. He goes in to the hospital tomorrow.

 

 

 

Sunday, June 26, 1983

 

A nice day, on the coolish side. We went up to camp. They worked on the dock some more. We ate up there. Bill, Betty, Kim, Zak and I. After we got home we picked 10 boxes the strawberries. Carmen and Lisa on a long trip today.

 

 

 

Monday, June 27, 1983

 

A pretty good day, some cloudy, some wind. In PM it was very sunny and got mild. Today I washed in the new machine. They did a good job. I made a meat pie for supper anda strawberry shortcake. Billie over to Norway and called to see Howard Millett. He isn’t very good. Bill, Betty and kids up to camp, TWIN OAKS, working.

 

 

 

Tuesday, June 28, 1983

 

A fair day, cloudy some. I done up my work. Billie got ready to go to Portland. Betty called and Dorothea called. Then I got ready and went to Portland. Betty came up, we picked six boxes berries. We went down to Fern’s after supper.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment