The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, August 11, 2022

April 11 - 14, 1983

Monday, April 11, 1983

 

A mess this morning, ground all white. I wrote to Carmen. Washed. Made brownies and cooked a chicken dinner and had Kim up for her birthday supper. She enjoyed it. I did my ironing so as to be ready to begin cleaning tomorrow. Betty cleaned her shed chamber. Fern cleaning draws etc.

 

 

 

Tuesday, April 12, 1983 Kimberley Allie Boutilier Horton 17 years

 

It has been cloudy and showery today, in PM the sun was out for a long while. Billie up to Dorothea’s and got some papers filled out. I got my radiators all cleaned. So that is the start. Kim had to babysit tonight on her 17th birthday. Bill didn’t do anything today.

 

 

 

Wednesday, April 13, 1983

 

A very nice sunny day. I cleaned the draws in bedroom and bathroom draws and closets, also these draws in this living room. I been on the busy side all day. Billie working on papers to send away. He was up to Dorothea’s. She helped him.

 

 

 

Thursday, April 14, 1983

 

A fair day, and nice in the morning but clouded up in PM. Went to town with Dorothea today. I came home, cleaned the desk draws. Did a wash. Got supper. Betty and Walt called in evening. Bill started on back porch. He got the old one ripped off. It was very rotted. Billie is still worked up and nervous.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment