The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, August 14, 2022

April 24 - 27, 1983 New Vehicles

 

Sunday, April 24, 1983

 

Back in the clouds and rain coming up this morning and it was beginning to cloud up. It rained so hard all day. I didn’t do very much. I worked at my desk. Billie nervous and upset. Kim’s friend Roger didn’t have to go back to college til late in PM. Joy came for milk. Billie called at Fern’s.

 

 


 

Monday, April 25, 1983 RAIN

 

Since yesterday and last night and today’s rain there are many floods around. I have been busy all day. I did a big wash. I cleaned all the tile in the bathroom. I cooked a roast beef supper. I watched my TV shows. Read the papers. Billie down to the doctors and up to Dorothea’s.

 

 

 

Tuesday, April 26, 1983 NEW CAR

 

A cloudy day, not much rain. I was so busy all day. I cleaned the dishes. I did washing. I cleaned the bottom shelves in cupboards. I cleaned electric stove and defrosted refrigerator. Walt came home in a brand-new red Toyota. Bill and I went for a ride in the new car.

 

 

 

Wednesday, April 27, 1983 NEW TRUCK AT WALT’S

 

It was quite nice when we got up this morning. I did a lot more cleaning cupboards, cleaned some of the bathroom. Bill worked outside. Billie did bathroom ceilings and some fencing. Betty cleaned her bedroom. She went to Lewiston with Walt and took the STATION WAGON over. We hated to see the wagon go. Walt came home in a brand-new pickup, Toyota dark blue. Very pretty and a good ride. Betty, Dawn, Dorothea went to see the movie’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment