The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, December 31, 2020

March 24 - 27, 1977

 

Thursday, March 24, 1977

 

Cloudy again. I was busy all day. Also I got caught up on my papers. Kimmy and Betty to Portland to dentist. Bill didn’t do anything much today. It is like winter,  cold and a lot of snow. No bare ground.

 

 

 

Friday, March 25, 1977

 

Very cold and windy. I went down to Betty’s with Bill to help her get the house cleaned up for the coffee group meeting. I came home, went to town. I did my cooking, got ready, went to South Paris with she and Betty in p.m. Lloyd okay. Zak up here after school for the night. It is still windy and cold. In p.m. Betty to meeting in Naples.

 

 

 

Saturday, March 26, 1977

 

A nice day except still windy, not as much as the past week. I have been busy all day, made bread, cleaned up the house, windows, dusted, floors etc. Also I did my wash and ironing. Carmen up a few minutes. Zak watched TV all forenoon. He went with Billie after butter. Fern to South Paris with B(?) Pike. He wasn’t as good.

 

 

 

Sunday, March 27, 1977

 

A beautiful day. Clear, nice and mild. No wind. I didn’t have much to do, housework and a dite of wash. Billie relaxed. Kids up a little while. Carmen up for breakfast. Kimmy had the Burro up, she is training him to lead etc.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment