The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, December 20, 2020

February 9 - 12, 1977 Lloyd has another stroke

Wednesday,February 9, 1977

 

Lloyd not at all good. There are times his is fair. I worked on the puzzle. Fern quite upset and discouraged. Bill up fishing. Betty and I to town.

 

 

 

Thursday, February 10, 1977

 

Done up my work and washed. Worked on puzzle. Lloyd isn’t very good. He may come back to this hospital. He isn’t able to go into a nursing home. Dorothea called me. He had another stroke. We called at Fern’s in evening.

 

 

 

Friday, February 11, 1977

 

I done up my work, went to town early. Came home, done some odds and end jobs, worked on the puzzle. Susan at Betty’s all forenoon. Washing. In p.m. Betty went to see Zak’s teacher. Then later in p.m. went to Portland to pick up Walt. He took the state car back. They went to supper and called to see Lloyd. He is getting worse each day. They also called on Dorothea and Dave. Zak down to Fern’s for supper and last night. Kim up here. Carmen babysitting at Nataluk’s.

 

 

 

 

Saturday, February 12, 1977

 

Very mild but not much sun. The snow melted and settled. I’ve been busy all day. I done a dite of cooking. Cleaned up the house, washed floors, change beds, washed. Kimmy enjoyed her day, quiet and watched TV. Billie busy out in the barn, up after butter and called on Chet. Kim and I finished the puzzle.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment