The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, January 28, 2018

April 19 - 22, 1966 Billie Buys 1966 Rambler



Tuesday, April 19, 1966 BILLIE NEW CAR

A beautiful day. I got Es’s letter off. I got my work done up. Betty and the two girls came up. We went down and paid a couple bills. Called at Sally’s to show her the baby. She is so sweet today. Today Billie came home with a brand-new 1966 RAMBLER. Dark blue. He is very pleased with it. We tried it out.



Wednesday, April 20, 1966 Pigs

A cloudy day. I washed a few things, done up the housework. I made a pie. Cleaned the draws in the kitchen. Talked with Betty several times. People at Lloyd’s today to see about buying their place. They want it. Hope they come back for it. Billie got two pigs tonight.



Thursday, April 21, 1966

Cloudy dreary day. I done up my work, wrote four letters. Peg and George, Beat and George, Nan Crook and Lila. Carmen, Betty and Kimberly came up. We talked about Mike most all day. Children were very good. Kennard called a little while. No word from Mike as yet. Last time he saw his family was last Saturday. We wonder.



Friday, April 22, 1966

Done up regular work. Kimberly is a very good baby so far. I went shopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment