The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, February 13, 2021

September 9 - 12, 1977

 

Friday, September 9, 1977

 

Bill and Billie worked on the shed again today. I was down to Betty’s today. We went to Portland and done Zak’s birthday shopping.

 

 

 

Saturday, September 10, 1977

 

Bill and Billie worked on the shed, got it most all done. Carmen up here a little while. She seemed quite tense and nervous. A man here to look at the truck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunday, September 11, 1977

 

Bill and Billie finished the shed. We went to Zak’s 8 birthday party. He got a lot of nice gifts, had ice cream and cake. Es, Cliff, and family, Dorothea, David, Dawn, Bill, Billie, Susan and children and me. I did a big wash and ironing. A nice day.

 

 

 

Monday, September 12, 1977 Carmen home with a cold

 

Partly cloudy. I have had a busy day. I went to town. I defrosted refrigerator. I did a wash. I got our car cleaned inside. I have done other little odds and end jobs. A very busy day. Carmen home all day with a cold. Betty gone to an all day meeting and a afternoon luncheon tea at a home on Paris Hill.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment