The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

September 25 - 28, 1972


Monday, September 25, 1972

A nice hot day. I cleaned the two bedrooms and baths, also did a big wash. Bill didn’t work anywhere today. Billie brought home liver, heart and tongue. Beef cattle dressed at 432 and 421. I called at Delores and Ken’s in evening.



Tuesday, September 26, 1972

Another hot day after the fog cleared. I cleaned the living room today and ironed. Betty sick with a cold. Bill and I to town. Kim up here after supper. Carmen on a hike with the Scouts. Bill didn’t work, he puttered around here.



Wednesday, September 27, 1972 Bill to work

A very nice day. I cleaned in the kitchen. Billie to the dentist, has a bad tooth. Bill working. Betty feels quite mean today.



Thursday, September 28, 1972 Bill working, hair set, kitchen cleaned

A nice day. I did the kitchen or finished it. Bill worked. I done my kitchen. Billie hasn’t felt very good today. Betty still sick. In p.m. I went to June’s and got my hair set. Walt home early and put the cork on the kids walls upstairs.








No comments:

Post a Comment