The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, October 19, 2019

November 8 - 11, 1972 Judd returned home


Wednesday, November 8, 1972 RAIN RAIN, JUDD

This is been a very rainy day. I done up regular work. Bill down to Gordon’s. I went with Betty. They asked her to come and get Judd. The police force couldn’t use him. So he came home today and was so pleased to be back. I wrapped Christmas gifts today. Bill and I called at Fern and Lloyd’s. Billie down to Betty’s for a spaghetti supper.





Thursday, November 9, 1972

Zak came up today, he visited all day. He was very good. Betty did some Christmas wrapping. It was a nice partly sunny day. Bill down to Gordon’s in a.m.



Friday, November 10, 1972 Walt to Bangor

A beautiful day. Betty and I went to Norway in a.m. and I went to town shopping. In p.m. I washed and finished washing my windows. Walt up to Bangor to a conference. Bill worked at Gordon’s. Zak has a cold.



Saturday, November 11, 1972 Bill worked at Gordon’s, he paid him?

Cloudy. It has been cloudy all day. I made rolls, baked beans. Made a pie. Done regular work. Bill worked at Gordon’s in a.m. Lloyd called, Betty and Walt called. Kimmy came up for lunch. Bill and Kimmy down town. Billie down to Lawrence’s. Betty brought us some cabbage salad for supper. Rado Allen’s funeral, a large funeral.


No comments:

Post a Comment