The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

March 27 - 30, 1990

 

Tuesday, March 27, 1990

 

A nice sunny day. I did the ironing. I looked over another box for Betty. Very interesting. Brogan and Carmen here a little while. Carmen did the shopping. Billie outside cleaning up the yard. And down to Betty’s for spaghetti supper. Dorothea took window down to Portland Glass in Raymond and they fixed it. She brought it back. Zack called in and put it in tonight. Dorothea and Betty Smith had been down to the exercise class in Raymond. I looked at more albums today.

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 28, 1990

 

A very nice sunny day, the temp is still cold. We got the front door opened up and it is so sunny in the living room. I looked at rest of the clippings and Kim snaps. Very good. Zack up for coffee. Carmen called in and Betty. They with Dorothea went up to Kim’s for a meeting about the party.

 

 

 

Thursday, March 29, 1990

 

Very nice day. Still on the cold side. Betty here, Carmen and Brogan. Carmen took Zack to Saco about some of his signs he made. I hope they will like them and order. I didn’t do much. Watched my programs. Carmen came and got supper. Very good.

 

 

 

Friday, March 30, 1990

 

I made out an order this morning for Billie for shaving. Carmen came to clean. She did a lot. She is having back trouble, took some pills. Betty came and finished the vacuuming. She went to town for us today as usual. It clouded up in PM and began snowing. Quite a lot came by dark. Kim called this PM and Carmen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment