The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, July 29, 2024

June 10 - 13, 1990

Sunday, June 10, 1990

 

Another miserable day, one of those cloudy dreary rainy days. It is so sickening. Walt up for coffee. Carmen came and brought some donuts fresh and hot, very good. David came later on and had coffee. I did some mending and got all my magazines read. Betty made sandwiches for supper. Haven’t seen Zak for three or four days. The sandwiches are very good. A long day. I looked over some papers etc. Steers came up tonight on their own.

 

 

 

Monday, June 11, 1990

 

Another of those miserable rainy days. It is so sickening. I didn’t do much except the regular work. The therapist came for Billie today. No one has seen Zak. Carmen came and got supper. She brought a delicious hot rhubarb pie she made. A very good cook. Also she and Brogan brought some candy.

 

 

 

Tuesday, June 12, 1990 No Zak

 

A nice surprise when we got up this morning. It was good for everyone to see it. I done up regular work, got Billie fixed up with his things for his hand. I washed today. Carmen took Billie to the Dr. at Fryeburg for his feet. No one has heard from Zack. We would like to know where he is if he is all right. He was last seen at the shelter Saturday night. Walt out looking around for him.

 

 

 

Wednesday, June 13, 1990 Zak called

 

Sunny when we got up this morning. I done up the regular work. Been thinking about Zak. I hope he is all right. Carmen came today. She did some odd and end jobs. Kim called at Betty’s today, they are all upset about Zak. Carmen took Billie to Norway to see about his shoes. She got some clothes for she and Brogan. Well tonight about 9:30 PM Zack called from Vermont. He has got out and got a job. And is trying to work on his problems. I know he can and well. I love him and hope you will have good luck.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment