The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

October 4 - 6, 1983 Party for Aunt Betty

 

Tuesday, October 4, 1983 Milan and Betty came

 

I cleaned Billie’s room and the blue bath room. Did a dite of washing. Milan and Betty came about 1230. I didn’t get to see too much programs. On the cloudy side. Dorothea called this evening. Milan and Betty down to Fern’s to stay tonight. Milan is very tired.

 

 

 

Wednesday, October 5, 1983 got beef into the freezer

 

Cloudy and rain. It rained hard during the night. I didn’t get much done. I got the refrigerator done. I cooked a chicken dinner. Milan and Betty were here for supper. Billie been to town and worked out in the tie up. He called at Dorothea’s and Betty’s. Billie got the beef home and in the freezer today.

 

 

 

Thursday, October 6, 1983

 

A nice day it turned out to be. Betty, Betty and I to town. Dorothea took Delores. I came home, did some odd jobs, washed etc. Billie busy all day. I cooked Milan’s boiled dinner, he and Betty prepared at night, we went down to Betty and Walt’s. Dorothea, David, Fern, us and Alan came up with Carmen. A very good supper, the meat was so good. Everyone liked it. Fern made a delicious Tapioca pudding.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment