The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, July 8, 2021

March 15 - 18, 1979

Thursday, March 15, 1979

 

Well a cloudy day, cool. Betty took Delores, Susan and I to town. I got home early. I washed my hair and watched my programs. Bill and Ilan worked on his car. I went down to Betty’s early. I did a dite of washing.

 

 

 

Friday, March 16, 1979 Hair Set

 

Well another spring day, cloudy, some sun and on the cool side. I done up the work, down and got my hair set. Then we drove on down to Dorothea’s. Got home in time to see the 2 shows and got supper. Kim came up this evening to stay all night.

 

 

 

 Saturday, March 17, 1979

 

Well it has been a fair day. On the cool side. Billie gone with Butch all day. I made bread, done windows, floors, regular work. Kim relaxed completely. She is so tired all the time and she needs relaxation. I’m worried about her. She was so pleased Betty said she could stay again tonight.

 

 

 

Sunday, March 18, 1979 STEER

 

Well a real sunny day, on the cool windy side. I done my regular work then wrote to Es, Peg, send Dot’s card and my check to imprints. Billie busy all day. Kimmy went home this morning. She feels much more relaxed. Billie down to Fern’s. Billie traded steers today with Butch. The one he had was quite wild and flighty. He was all white. He has a red Durham now.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment