The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, August 4, 2018

April 21 - 23, 1968 To Boston


Sunday, April 21, 1968

Another cloudy day. Bill and Billie raked all day. I got up, got the breakfast, done up most of the work. Fern, Lloyd called. Aunt Ava called. Bob Allen, his wife and boy called. The house looks so nice this morning with the new curtains. Kim is very cute running around here. In p.m. Betty, Walt and I and the kids went for a ride over through Waterford to Uncle Lewis’s homeland. Came home, had supper.



Monday, April 22, 1968 TO BOSTON

About noon the sun came out and it was sunny and very warm. At about 7:30 AM Bill, Betty, Walt and I left to go to Boston Massachusetts for Bill to go to the Lahey Clinic for a checkup. We got there at about 9:50. We left Bill at the clinic and Betty, Walt and I went riding around. We went to the top of the Prudential Building. Very interesting looking out over Boston. We picked Bill up and drove out to the museum. We thoroughly enjoyed the day would Walt and Betty. Walt is so good. He knows so much about everything. I thoroughly enjoyed riding through Boston with him. Betty is so happy. We are all happy for her. We got home about 6:30. Fern here all day.




Tuesday, April 23, 1968

A very nice day. I did a big wash. Vacuumed the rugs. I varnished inside of kitchen cupboards. It has been sunny but on the cool dampish side.

No comments:

Post a Comment