The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, July 15, 2018

February 7 - 10, 1968


Wednesday, February 7, 1968

A beautiful day. I washed, gave the house a good cleaning. Picked over the desk. Got supper. Watched TV in evening, read the papers etc. Not much to write about these days. Cleaned up the kitchen stove this a.m.



Thursday, February 8, 1968

Very cold. Cloudy all most the whole day. It cleared after dark. It was clear in early forenoon. I ironed. I looked over some of the boxes in the closets today. Billie up, got his hair cut tonight.



Friday, February 9, 1968

A nice sunny day, on the cold side. I did up my work early, got ready and went to town with Fern and Lloyd. Did my shopping. Bill called today. Came to get something to take down to the garage. Talked with Betty and Carmen today.



Saturday, February 10, 1968

It clouded up during the day. I did a dite of cooking. Made a good carrot cake. It snowed by flurries most all forenoon and in afternoon it began to snow real hard and blow. Bill called to work about 4 PM. Billie to town and called and brought Fern up for supper. About 6:30 Dorothea, Dave and Jeff came and here for supper. They visited a while. Dorothea goes to work tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment