The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

January 29 - February 1, 1967


Sunday, January 29, 1967

Not too good today, it was kind of cloudy, stormy and got colder at night when the wind began to blow. Had a bad day with Kim. She fussed all day long. It was very hard on Betty. They came up here in late p.m. and for supper. Also Dorothea, David and Jeff here for supper. We are very worried about Kim. Bill worked from 9 AM to 2:30 PM. Fern and Lloyd here in evening.



Monday, January 30, 1967

A very nice clear day but very cold and windy. I did my washing, got it out earlier than usual. Late in p.m. Betty and the girls came up for supper. Kimberly very good all day. She is real cute when she feels good.



Tuesday, January 31, 1967

A beautiful day, the wind died down at about noon then got warmer. I done up my work, got the clothes in and got my ironing and mending done very early. I have been alone here all day but I worry about the baby Kimberly. She was pretty good. Aunt Ava called in p.m. Dawn at suppertime. Billie down to call on the Dave Thomas family for supper and evening. Half



Wednesday, February 1, 1967

A beautiful day. I done up my work. Did a dite of washing, cooked a bit. Kim all filled up, can’t breathe very well. Had bad choking spells last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment