The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Friday, April 27, 2018

April 7 - 10, 1967


Friday, April 7, 1967

Cloudy and snow flurries. NT Fox man called about windows. Betty didn’t go to Portland with Kim because of the snow. The proofs came back today for Betty to look at, pick from. Fern and Lloyd took me down. Carmen came home with me, she stayed rest of the day and going to stay all night. Bill and I to town. Carmen stayed home with Billie.



Saturday, April 8, 1967

I got up, done my work up early. Billie up and down town to the garage. Ground all white. I hate this mess of old snow. It cleared off and was sunny. Had a good supper. Fern, Betty and kids up.



Sunday, April 9, 1967

We awoke this morning to a nice sunny morning. Kim stayed here last night. I done up my work. Bill down to Gordon’s. Betty and Carmen came up. Bill and I got ready, went down to Dorothea and Dave’s for dinner. We had a good dinner, went out for a ride. Jeff didn’t go. Betty came down to Dorothea’s also. Rest of the snow went today.



Monday, April 10, 1967 No work today on the house lot

Sunny, after a cloudy rainy morning. As the day come on it got cold and windy. I washed. Had the lines all full. Betty and girls called. Betty feeling much better today. I got the clothes in. They didn’t dry very good. The AFTRA strike of radio and TV ended tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment