The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, December 17, 2023

February 27 - 29, 1988 Welcome Chelsea! Aunt Esther's 50th Anniversary

 

Saturday, February 27, 1988 Milan’s truck goes today

 

A very nice mild sunny day. I got up, did the regular work. Washed the floors and vacuumed. Bill down town in his new car to get some groceries. Also Kim came in her car and she too went to town and got some things for me. Kim likes her new car very much. She took it down and showed it to Walt. Carmen and Brogan came, they both are better. Much but still they look as though they had been very sick. Weak too. Carmen got to go to work today. Billie up to Week’s this forenoon. Milan’s truck goes today. I miss him a lot.

 

 

 

Sunday, February 28, 1988 NEW PUPPY at Hortons

A nice sunny day. I done up the regular work. Walt up for coffee. I made out the bills. Betty called and asked me if I wanted to go for a long ride. I went. We went way up to Unity. She got a very cute little puppy. We saw where Unity College was. What a place for a college. Wilderness country. They didn’t have any patches of snow in the field up there in that area from Augusta and above. We didn’t get home till about 8 PM. Zack, Kim, Betty and I went. Kim was sick with a cold.

 

 



 

Monday, February 29, 1988

 

Well a nice day. I done up the regular work. Did the washing. Carmen came and did the shopping. Bill went with her. I made a meat hash for supper. Barry Richardson came and finished up the cupboards and put the two eve (?) spouts. The cupboard and the back bathroom looks very good. Betty and family like the new puppy very much. Eddie Boulter came today. We was glad to see him. He looks very neat and nice. He came and got his dog. Kim is sick and didn’t work tonight.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment