The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

February 10 - 12, 1988

 

Wednesday, February 10, 1988 Amy Linscott

 

A nice sunny day. Not too cold. I done up the work. I made a blueberry pie. In PM I went down to Betty’s to babysit. Carmen, Betty H, Norma and Betty S went shopping to get some clothes for Norma and Carmen. The spring things haven’t come in so they will wait till later. I got a call from Lida Brackett this morning. Amy Sanborn Linscott died last night. Nine (blank) years old. Bill has improved a lot in his condition.

 



 

 

Thursday, February 11, 1987 Kim ACCIDENT

 

A very nice sunny day, not too cold. Betty and Carmen and Brogan came. I done regular work, watched the soaps. I made a chocolate cake and frosted it. We had Zack up for supper (steaks). Betty made a salad. Kim and a friend from the hospital went to a seminar in Portland to the hospital NCM. Gone all day. On their way home a truck turned off the road in front of her, she hit the back end and bounced across the road into a snowbank. She wrecked her car. No one was injured. They got very much shook up. I hope it won’t be too terrible for her, the outcome. I wish I could help.

 

 

 

Friday, February 12, 1988

 

A bad storm today. Snowed and blowed about 16 inches of snow. No school, all or many places of work closed down. Things canceled. I did some reading, watched the soaps. Called Kim several times. She got shook up bad from that accident.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment