The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, January 17, 2022

March 10 - 13, 1981

Tuesday, March 10, 1981

 

Cloudy and clear. I done up my work etc. Dorothea came down about 1 PM. She and I went down to Fern’s. We visited with her for a while. She was pleased we did. We looked at a old cupboard she is going to give to Dorothea if she wants it. Betty took Kim and Zak to the orthodontist. Also Joy and Cindy. Kids all had their teeth checked etc. Dorothea stayed the supper. I had a hamburgers. They were very good.

 

 

 

Wednesday, March 11, 1981

 

Well another cloudy and sunny day, not much sun though. I done up my work, got ready and went to town. Bill up to Dorothea’s in a.m. and done a few odd jobs for her. Billie in and out. We went to the bank.

 

 

 

Thursday, March 12, 1981

 

All kinds of weather. It was sunny in morning, clouded up in PM. I did a washing, hung some things outside. They dried very good. I made some more filled cookies etc.

 

 

 

Friday, March 13, 1981

 

Well it is been a mixed day of weather, cloudy, clear, rain and snow flurries. I did a lot. I did an ironing, washed the windows, I cleaned up the house. In PM Kim called after she got home from school. I was surprised. She stayed up for supper. She don’t come up very much anymore

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment