The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, January 10, 2022

February 10 - 13, 1981

Tuesday, February 10, 1981

 

A very nice day. I did some washing, other odd jobs. It was a beautiful sunny day. Betty called a little while. Bob Thomas also was here. Bill up to Dorothea’s a little while. Carmen and Kim came up and got the desk. Betty brought Zak’s rank card up. VERY GOOD. He is a smart little kid when he tries. A great talent in drawing or art.

 

 

 

Wednesday, February 11, 1981

 

Well a heavy rainy day. I made some cookies. Bill up and helped Dorothea for a little while. Billie got a call from the job place.

 

 

 

Thursday, February 12, 1981 finished puzzle

 

Kind of a cloudy day, very cold. I done up my work, went to town. Billie all nerved up about the call for work. I worked on the puzzle, got a lot done today.

 

 

 

Friday, February 13, 1981

 

A nice sunny day. I cooked, washed windows, some on the outside. Billie in and out. Betty called, brought Bill some coats that Tom’s father had. Nice-looking jackets. I called Tom today. Carmen and Kim to the dance tonight.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment