The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, July 11, 2020

June 27 - 30, 1975 New Tractor For Billie


Friday, June 27, 1975 Kim to clinic for heart check up

A beautiful day. I done my regular work. Got ready, went down to Betty’s. Betty took Kimberly to the heart clinic. She has high blood pressure and the Dr. said she should have her other heart operation next year. I was at Betty’s till noon. I washed and brought them up here to dry. Her dryer wasn’t working.



Saturday, June 28, 1975 Hot

A very nice day. I done regular work. Cleaned up the house. Betty and I went to town to shop for the picnic tomorrow. Walt worked most of the day. Put up the top on the back porch. Lloyd called. Bill and Billie didn’t do much today.



Sunday, June 29, 1975 TRACTOR, HOT

A nice morning, we got ready early and left to go to Concord New Hampshire there Billie bought his tractor, a Super C Farmall Plow and Mowing Machine. We took a picnic lunch. Ate at the place where Walt used to work. Betty’s family and us. On way home Carmen got sick. Came home by way of Kancamagus highway. We ran into showers. A nice trip. When we got home we had another picnic lunch outside. Kimmy stayed here all night. Billie is real pleased with his tractor.



Monday, June 30, 1975 cooler

A beautiful day, clear, no humidity. A good breeze. I did a big wash. Clothes dried beautifully. Betty, kids and I went to barn sales and to get milk. Kim went home, she and Carmen didn’t go swimming. Zak came up and stayed here for supper and staying for the night. Called at Jean McDonald’s, she want at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment