The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, July 8, 2020

June 16 - 18, 1975 Billie's Graduation


Monday, June 16, 1975

When we got up it was cloudy. I done up my regular work and we went down to Betty’s. We cleaned her house up. I came home and cooked a steak supper etc. It has been a miserable day.



Tuesday, June 17, 1975 Hot

A very nice hot day, foggy and cloudy when we got up, it cleared though. I washed and ironed all day. I was down to Betty’s a little while. She went to her meeting. We went to town shopping. In p.m. Bill and I called at Joy and Buddy’s. Ruth has a nice place over there.





Wednesday, June 18, 1975 BRAND-NEW BIKE - BILLIE DEMING

Another very nice sunny day and hot. It was some cloudy, hot weather clouds, but on the whole a very nice day. I went to Portland with Betty and the children. Got a brand-new 10 speed bike for Carmen. She was so pleased with it. Betty and Bill put it together. Joy called and Kimmy went over and went swimming with them. They came back and brought Kim home and at Betty’s for supper. No school today for kids, teachers meeting. Tonight at 8 o’clock in the Lake Region High School gymnasium William Lloyd Deming graduated, and got his diploma. Esther is so pleased and glad. I am very glad for her. We called at Dorothea’s. She is down in the dumps, all shook up. They served divorce papers on David today.



No comments:

Post a Comment