The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, November 9, 2023

October 13 - 15, 1987

 




Tuesday, October 13, 1987

 

A beautiful day. I did the ironing, made two apple pies. Milan came up. Milan and Billie over to Norway and after apples. Barry came again tonight. They got quite a bit done on the fence.

 

 

 

Wednesday, October 14, 1987

 

A beautiful day. I shampooed my hair and put a rinse on it. Kim came up and had breakfast. She had bacon and scrambled eggs. She and I went down to Betty’s to see Brogan. She is sick, teeth and change of milk. Bill over to Carmen’s to be there while the electrician was there. Billie raked the leaves. Milan called.

 

 

 

Thursday, October 15, 1987 HAIR SET

Another nice day. I got ready and went down to Barbara’s, got my hair set. Bill fixed the mailbox. He went to the doctors. They are going to try to take care of the ulcers without operating. They didn’t get the lime spread today because the spreader fired. Be next week now before it can be done. Billie crazy as a wild animal. Brogan up here today. She stayed Betty and Walt’s all night. Carmen and Brogan here for supper. She fixed the scallops. They liked them.


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment