The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, November 25, 2023

December 10 - 13, 1987

 

Thursday, December 10, 1987

 

Mild temps. I worked on Christmas cards. I made brownies this morning. Bill and Billie both got colds. David to the Dr., he is better. Will soon be going to work again.

 

 


 

Friday, December 11, 1987

 

A cloudy dreary day. I been doing more cards, done up the work, got to watch soaps. Carmen called and Betty and Brogan. Also Milan called. I went down to Betty’s in PM to be with Brogan while they went up to camp. Betty, Kim and Carmen. In evening they all went up and Betty Smith and Kay, they had a good time. They had a tree decorated.

 

 


 

Saturday, December 12, 1987

 

A cloudy day. I didn’t do much. I got the beans in. Billie swept up etc. Carmen called. Also Betty and Dorothea. They was out together getting their gifts at antiques shops. They had a good time. They washed my dishes for Billie. Billie swept. Zack called in evening. Then Carmen and Kim called on their way to dance.

 

 

 

Sunday, December 13, 1987

 

A fair day. Not too cold. I been working at my desk today doing rest of the cards and wrote letters to Thena and Pat. Carmen called and Brogan for a little while. Bill’s cold is better. Billie’s is a dite better. Walt up for coffee.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment