The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, November 23, 2023

December 2 - 5, 1987

 

Wednesday, December 2, 1987

 

A cloudy day. I done up regular work. Made a squash pie. Milan called. Carmen, Brogan, Kim and Betty called. Zack dropped in. Betty and Carmen down to Zayres this evening.

 

 

 

Thursday, December 3, 1987

 

A nice sunny day. I done up the work. Washed. Went down to Betty’s, we did some gift wrapping. Came home and got supper. I finished the washing. David feeling better.

 


 

 

Friday, December 4, 1987

 

Went to North Conway with Carmen and Betty shopping. I got the heft of mine done. Came home. Carmen here for supper, we got a chicken etc. at the store. Got home in pretty good season after getting such a late start. Walt was sick so Betty took him to the hospital.

 

 

 

Saturday, December 5, 1987

 

A nice day. I didn’t get up too early. I got the breakfast, done up the work. Got the beans in. Cleaned up the dog hairs. Billie been busy all day. Bill was reading. Walt sick.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment