The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

April 29 - May 1, 1981

 

Wednesday, April 29, 1981

 

I went down to Betty’s today, we cleaned the chest. Dorothea came. Betty cleaned her barn. I came home, got lunch. Dorothea called and she and Bill worked on all of the lawn chairs. They got them all prepared and Fern’s. Dorothea here for supper.

 

 

 



Thursday, April 30, 1981

 

Quite a nice day. I went to town early this morning with Dorothea. Delores went to. I came home, finished up the work. Got a call from Dorothea, she wants to come tomorrow to clean because she is going to work Monday. So I cleaned the bathroom, the clothes closet in the kitchen, the shelf where the washer and dryer are. I cleaned the beds and did a big wash, bedding and curtains. Carmen’s name on the honor roll this time. Billie down to Betty’s putting in some fence posts. Bill down to Betty’s doing the chairs.

 

 

 

Friday, May 1, 1981 cleaned bedrooms

 

Today Betty and Dorothea came, they cleaned the two bedrooms and rest of the dish cupboards. Dorothea sure cleans good, walls and capitalizing all, they looked so nice. Carmen, Kim and Maureen came from school, then went shopping.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment