The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, November 26, 2020

November 9 - 12, 1976 Joy Leaves For Bermuda Again

Tuesday, November 9, 1976 COLD WINDY

 

We are having some very cold and windy weather. I have been busy. Bill down to Lloyd’s.

 

 

 

Wednesday, November 10, 1976 Cold

 

I done regular work. Down to Betty’s a little while. Cooked a roast pork supper. Was busy all day. I washed some things. Kids got their school pictures. Susan came over and brought kids pictures over.

 

 

 

Thursday, November 11, 1976 nice day not as cold, NO SCHOOL

 

I done up my regular work. I washed some windows. I went with Betty, Joy and kids out to the tree where they found Robert. Went down to Fern’s and helped her clean her living room, DR and washed and waxed her kitchen floor. Came home, washed a few things and ironed. Got supper.

 

 

 

Friday, November 12, 1976 JOY LEFT

 

Up early this morning. Got ready and Betty came. We picked up Joy and Pat at about 4:45, then down to Dorothea’s at 5:30. She got ready and we got to the airport at 5:45. Joy got her reservation made and got on the plane at 6:45. At seven they left. We went out to Dorothea’s until the bank and stores opened up. We did some shopping. Came home to take Fern to the doctors. I stayed with Lloyd. Then I came home, went to town to shop, came home, got supper.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment