The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, April 18, 2020

August 27 - 29, 1974 Osmond Brothers Concert





Tuesday, August 27, 1974 TO THE DONNY OSMOND SHOW IN EVENING IN AUGUSTA

Bill worked again today. I done my regular work. Carmen here some today. Then she went down home. She and Zenya rode horses some. I did a wash today, made preparations to go tonight. We, Betty, Carmen, Zenya, Kim and I all went to the Civic Center Hall in Augusta Maine to see the Osmond Brothers in person. It was a very good show. Carmen and Kim both so excited about it all. And they and Zenya all had a good time and it was such a thrill to them to see them in person.



Wednesday, August 28, 1974 Kim got haircuts

Another mostly cloudy day. On the very mild side. I done regular work, washed, made a pie. Went down to Betty’s in p.m. a little while. In evening called at Ferns. Es and Cliff went with us.



Thursday, August 29, 1974 RAIN

At last we got some much-needed rain. Bill went up to the camp to work inside but things weren’t ready, so he came home. He went down, got his hair cut. Done a few odds and end jobs. Betty, Zak, Kim and I went to Norway to shop for Zak’s school clothes. I came home, we got back early. Bill took me to town. We also went up and got the milk.



No comments:

Post a Comment