The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, May 13, 2018

June 11 - 14, 1967


Sunday, June 11, 1967

Another nice hot day. Betty and I went down to Dorothea’s and got the crib. Came home. Betty made some Italian sandwiches, we ate up to the new house. Dorothea and Dave here. Fern and Lloyd called. Billie and Lawrence moved the pigs up to the new house. Myron Fitch done some cement work on the garage foundation. Showers in late p.m. Bill put wall board on.



Monday, June 12, 1967

I did a great big wash. Close didn’t dry too good. Betty and children here. We went to town. Kim not very good.



Tuesday, June 13, 1967

A beautiful day. I did the big bedroom upstairs and the bathroom downstairs. I cleaned the two-bedrooms and hallway. Holly bought my bed. Rosalie called in evening. They came back and did some cement work tonight. Bill did a dite of work up to the house then went to see Gordon.



Wednesday, June 14, 1967

Cloudy and on the cold side. I did a big wash. Cleaned the living room. Betty and children here today. Gordon came back to work tonight. Kimberly don’t feel very good. Had some very good swordfish for supper. Betty got a $70 check in the mail from Mike’s child support.


No comments:

Post a Comment