The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, May 24, 2018

July 25 - 28, 1967


Tuesday, July 25, 1967

It was raining when we got up. It cleared, came off hot and muggy. I done up my work. Betty called and asked me to go to Concord New Hampshire with her. It was very late when we went. A very pretty trip. And it was a very pretty place up there. Es and girls up, Es got my supper.



Wednesday, July 26, 1967 A NICE DAY

When we got up this morning the sun was shining. The first time for over five weeks that it wasn’t foggy or rain. It was nice and sunny all day. I done up my regular work. Washed a few clothes. Billie working for Lawrence. Es and Billie here, later Cathy and Susan came and Betty and Carmen. All here for supper. Walt called to see me. I ironed early. Norm and Barb called. Billie plowed. Bill didn’t feel good.



Thursday, July 27, 1967 Hair Set

Sun shining again this morning. I had my hair set today for the wedding. Betty here while I was over to June’s. Es, Fern and kids called.



Friday, July 28, 1967

Betty and Sue and Cathy cleaned up Betty’s house. She is getting ready to go on her and Walt’s honeymoon. I did a bit of cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment