The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, May 23, 2016

July 8 - 11, 1959 Deborah Aleta Wolff Born



Wednesday, July 8, 1959 Begun Haying

A very nice hot day. I cleaned the whole house. In p.m. Paul Hodgdon came and mowed half the hay. In p.m. also a welfare worker came to see Dr. Nash. Fern and Lloyd called in evening.

Blanche called tonight. Joy gave birth to a 7 lbs. 1 oz. girl this morning. The name is Deborah Aleta. Cards from Deming’s, got home at about 9 PM yesterday, nice trip.



Thursday, July 9, 1959

A very nice day. I didn’t have much to do. I picked a few boxes of berries. In p.m. Paul and Erwin Hodgdon raked the hay. After supper Gordon Sanborn baled it. Then Raymond, Kennard came, they with Billie and Bill got it all in. Dolores came down and visited.



Friday, July 10, 1959

I picked some berries, got ready for town. Fern went with us. I stayed down and went to the movies. Raymond called in evening.



Saturday, July 11, 1959

It rained in the morning. Bill didn’t work. I did a little cooking. Mike came up today, he is home for a week. Betty and Mike went down town for me. In p.m., Billie went to Snow Village in New Hampshire with H. Flint. Dawn and George here for supper. Bill and Dr. Nash watched ballgame in p.m.

Mike Boutilier 1959




Plus size boutique online, offers a variety of the latest fashion trendy women’s plus size clothing with best quality just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment