The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Saturday, January 13, 2024

June 9 - 11, 1988 Zak Graduates High School

 



Thursday, June 9, 1988 Baccalaureate for 1988 graduation (Zack), PERM

 

A mostly cloudy day. I rushed around, got my work done up, went to Barbara’s. Got my permanent. Carmen home, watched TV shows. Got supper. Carmen and Brogan here. Carmen has had a busy day. It seems a mad rush for me most of the time. Tonight we all went to the baccalaureate services for Zack from 7:30 to 9. Betty, Walt, Carmen, Betty Smith, Dorothea and me. It was very nice and we was very proud of Zak.

 

 

 

Friday, June 10, 1988

 

A nice sunny day but cold and windy. I done up regular work, did a wash. Got things ready to wear to graduation. Walt home sick all day. I went down and helped to look after Brogan while Betty was busy. Carmen, Kim to Lewiston to shop for the picnic. Both girls had to work tonight. Zack stayed home to be with Brogan. Betty was up to camp with the girls.

 

 

 

Saturday, June 11, 1988 WALTER AMBROSE HORTON IV GRADUATION

 

Sunny. Today was a happy day for all. Zack graduated from Lake Region High School. A big relief to all. He did very well. We all were very proud and happy for him. He too was happy and had a good feeling. It has been a very nice sunny week for all the activities. A few cool windy days. Walt, Betty, Carmen, Kim, Dorothea, Betty S and I went. After all done the class went to camp (blank) in Naples for overnight.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment