The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Monday, January 1, 2024

April 26 - 29, 1988

Tuesday, April 26, 1988

 

A pretty nice day. I made two pies today. I done some other jobs. Betty, Kim and Bill went over to Harrison to see a place they are interested in. I looked over and read some papers to be put away. Billie been very busy. He got to town, got his grain etc. Then he and Dorothea to Lewiston to Billie’s insurance companies lawyer. He was about crazy when he went but felt better when he got home.

 

 

 

Wednesday, April 27, 1988

 

This is been a very nice sunny day. Had the house opened up, very mild. It seems so good. I done up the regular work. I washed the breezeway window inside and out, also the front door in the living room. This forenoon I rode over to Harrison with Betty and the girls to see two cottages for sale. They are very nice and would make a very nice home for Kim. Billie been fencing, cleaned the hens out and a lot of other jobs. Bill about the same. Carmen, Kim, Betty S and I all went over to Harrison to see the places. Brogan home with her father all day.

 

 

 

Thursday, April 28, 1988

 

Today I made a pudding chocolate and a Jell-O. Done up rest of work. I finished looking over some papers clippings etc. Billie fencing. He got it all done.

 


 

 

Friday, April 29, 1988

 

Cloudy and rain all day, in late PM it cleared. The sun came out. I did a washing and other jobs. We got to watch the programs today. Billie sat inside all day and it helped his foot. Carmen called with Brogan after supper.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment