The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

November 29 - December 2, 1979

 

Thursday, November 29, 1979

 

A fair day, done up my work, went to town early. I watched TV shows in PM. Walt and Betty to Portland in PM. The cow seems to be a nice one. She isn’t a Jersey as we wanted.

 

 

 

Friday, November 30, 1979

 

A quite nice day. I washed windows, dusted, I did some washing. I like the washer and dryer very much, it is good. I called at Betty’s a little while to see her things she and Walt bought yesterday.

 

Randy Harmon

Errol Briggs


 

 

 

 

Saturday, December 1, 1979

 

A nice day, cold early. It warmed up some. Then in late PM it got cloudy. I did a dite of cooking. I washed floors, regular Saturday work. Took a bath and I worked at my desk making out orders etc. Carmen and Kim called. Dorothea and David up to their farm today. Bill up there for just a little while. He has a cold and Billie too. Billie turned the cows out in PM. The new cow gives us a lot of milk, good cream on it.

 

 

 

Sunday, December 2, 1979

 

Just a dusting of snow on the ground. All gone by 10 AM. I finished my figuring, order etc. Dorothea and David didn’t come up today. Bill didn’t do too much, it was quite cold. Carmen called a little while, she went to the doctors again. She is improving. He says (Dr.Cohen) he can get rid of that asthma.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment