The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Sunday, September 26, 2021

January 12 - 15, 1980 Milan Surprise!

Saturday, January 12, 1980

 

A beautiful day. I have been very busy all day. Did windows, dusted, cooked etc. Dorothea and David up to their farm then came back for supper. Bill up with them. Billie gone all day. I made rolls and pie for the supper. I had a ride in the new car this morning.

 

 

 

Sunday, January 13, 1980 MILAN CAME

 

A quite nice day, some light clouds, sun in a.m. As I was washing my dishes at the sink Milan drove in the yard about 10 AM. I didn’t get up till 8:30. I done up regular work. Worked on puzzle. Billie and Milan up to Millet’s farm. The rhone cow had a nice Heifer calf. Billie and Milan called at Fern’s. Zak and Betty called here and at Fern’s. Milan and Bill up to Dorothea’s. Kimmy and Carmen over to the doctors. Kimmy called on her way up skating. Billie D came for milk.

 

 

 

Monday, January 14, 1980

 

A quite dreary day. I did a washing. Fern up here for the day and for supper. She and Milan enjoy the supper very much. Billie gone most of the day, also Milan and Bill gone a lot. I only watched one program. I made a squash pie.

 

 

 

Tuesday, January 15, 1980

 

A cloudy day. I done my ironing. Milan in and out. Ilan and Bill up fishing. Billie busy all day going here and there. I worked on my puzzle.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment