The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Thursday, April 29, 2021

June 21 - 24, 1978

Wednesday, June 21, 1978 RAIN

 

Well another one of those miserable days. Rain cloudy and foggy. At least the sun got out through the thinness of a few moving clouds. Picked up the glass today down in the pasture. Carmen, Betty and me. Kim went to town with Dawn. I was down to Betty’s for a little while. Went up to Dawn’s house for a little while. Bill worked on Saltman’s canoes. I did my ironing.

 

 

 

Thursday, June 22, 1978

 

Raining when we got up again this morning. Well, it was partly cloudy with some rain showers. We went to town in late PM. Delores went to, Susan took us.

 

 

 

Friday, June 23, 1978

 

Well it was all kinds of a weather day today. I done my regular work also the weekend jobs. Bill worked on the canoes. I went down to Betty’s for a little while. She and Dawn busy. Carmen mowed, Kim doing her work. It seemed good to see some sun today. We got a rain shower.

 

 

 

Saturday, June 24, 1978

 

A nice day, on the cool windy side. I done my regular work. Made a few rolls, baked beans. Carmen is expecting Donny tomorrow for a day and a half. Bill worked on the boat. Billie went with Lawrence. Kids up here. Late this PM Carmen got a call from Donny, he can’t get off till Monday.

 



 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment