The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

April 25 - 27, 1978 The South Pacific Play with Carmen and Zenya

Tuesday, April 25, 1978

 

It was kind of a nice day. I did the bedroom closets, did the radiators and all the cupboard draws and tile in the blue bathroom. I washed. It seemed good to get the housecleaning to going. Carmen down for a rehearsal tonight. Bill put shelf in the cupboard for me.

 

 

 

Wednesday, April 26, 1978

 

This is been the best day we have had for a LONG time. It was sunny, mild, no clouds or no wind. I did some washing. I cleaned all the lower cupboards and all the draws and did refrigerator and electric stove in the kitchen. I made a meat pie for supper. Busy all day. Bill did a dite of raking. Billie raked after he got home. Betty called a minute. Harry worked at Dawn’s today. Carmen at rehearsal again tonight. I ironed early this morning.

 

 

 

Thursday, April 27, 1978 Carmen at play at LRHS, very good, also Zenya, she had leading part

 

Partly cloudy. I done up the regular work. Bill took me down to Barbara’s to get my hair set. He went to see Dr. Herman. The doctors said they didn’t see any cancer signs and he is to eat a lot of fruits and take iron pills to build up his blood. He has to go the hospital once a week for blood test and to the Dr. every three weeks. In PM Susan took Delores and I to town. Also we went to see Dorothy, she is very bad. In evening Dorothea came up and we went to the LRHS play, The South Pacific. Carmen was in it. It was very good. We all enjoyed it very much. After the play Es, Cliff, Dawn, Fern and Dorothea came, we had coffee. I didn’t do any cleaning today.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment