The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

July 31 - August 3, 1972


Monday, July 31, 1972

A nice sunny day. Billie and I went to town shopping and over to Norway. Billie bought some new pants. In evening Betty took Kim to the doctors. He pulled off the loose toenail. I went to the hospital to see Pat.



Tuesday, August 1, 1972 HOT, Bill worked at Jean’s, $50.00

I got my work done and went down to Betty’s. We went to Portland to do shopping for school clothes. Didn’t get it all done. She bought a bureau for one of the girls rooms. It was a very hot day. Pat came home from hospital today. Betty got another kitten.



Wednesday, August 2, 1972

Bill worked at Jean’s. I went down to Betty’s. Delores is very sick.




Thursday, August 3, 1972 Bill worked at Jean’s

I done regular work. Went down to Betty’s, she cleaned out the bedrooms to get them ready for Walt to work in.




No comments:

Post a Comment