The blog posts below are taken from my grandmother's diaries. Althea Green Smith Crook was lovingly referred to as Nanny to her immediate family ~ thus her diaries are called Nanny's Diaries.

Nanny wrote in her diaries when she remembered to - mostly in the evening. There will be some years in which she didn't keep diaries and there will also be some days/weeks in her yearly diaries in which she skipped or forgot to write in them. For the most part, these are her words - written as she wrote them. There will be typos, forgotten punctuation, and other grammatical errors - but I am rewriting these as my Nanny originally wrote them.

As with all old handwriting, there are some entries that I can't quite make out - and these entries will be followed with a (?) to signify that this may or may not be correct or I can't figure out what she is trying to write.

Thank you Nanny for leaving us 50 years worth of memories! We miss you!

Friday, September 28, 2018

October 29 - November 1, 1968


Tuesday, October 29, 1968

Kind of on the cool side. I cleaned up the house. I did some cooking.



Wednesday, October 30, 1968 Hair Set

A very nice day, no rain. I did my ironing, went over to June’s and got my hair set. I took up my geraniums today. Robert dropped in for a minute.


Thursday, October 31, 1968

Another nice sunny day, very cold and windy. I done up the work, picked over some receipts etc. Pres. Johnson made a speech today. All bombs will cease firing tomorrow at 8 AM. He is in hopes to have it all come to agreeable terms so the war will soon be over. Halloween kids called tonight. Cooked a dite.



Friday, November 1, 1968

Another nice clear day. Still on the cold side. I worked at Dorothy’s. Betty, Walt and kids came tonight. Kids are pleased to get here. Carmen has some asthma.


No comments:

Post a Comment